[Booki-dev] Localization plugin

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 06:51:09 PDT 2010

Hi Tomio,

that is very good news. We sure do need help with this. Booki is
Django based application, and as  we could use support in Django
(http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/i18n/). There are html
templates to be translated, there is some Python code and there is a
lot of JavaScript code. What we should see first is, what kind of
changes would be required, how to manage it inside of JavaScript
(Django has some kind of support for it) and what is most important..
how to manage it all with source and templates that change frequently.
Then we could make some doc for future developement. I guess. But for
now, reading django docs would be good start.

Some of the things i would address with this is also timezones, time
differences between timestamps in database and web browser. For
messages like - "Created 5 minutes ago" and etc.. We would need some
JavaScript code for formatting and parsing different
time formats.

You can base your work on "master" branch. Feel free to ask me anything.

Aco

 http://www.binarni.net/