[Booki-dev] hey, ho!

Joshua Facemyer jfacemyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 05:39:55 PDT 2010

>> Are images supposed to be smaller than they were with FM?  All the full
>> width images which were imported overflow the text section (which is,
>> apparently, smaller than 600px).  What's the standard max width for
>> images?  Also, is there any way to specify width precisely?
> it should be the same but i think i screwed this up somehow. i will look
> at this issue next week and get back to you on it

Thanks!

>> Is there a way to preview a chapter while working on it, or while
>> looking at the TOC in edit mode?
> yeah...thats a very needed feature. the only way is via the 'read only'
> view...i think we should have a 'view' button next to the 'edit' on
> in /edit/...do you think this would be a good solution?

I think it would be fine.  This sorta goes along with the feature
request in trac that I had entered about putting an edit button on top
of the View mode pages, if you think along these lines: If I log in, I'm
probably expecting to be editing something, right? Or, at least, it's
more likely I'll be editing than not. And when I'm editing, I frequently
want to check how the output looks. So it might make sense to make
"Edit" and "View" two modes which can easily be switched between.

I'm not saying you should make this WordPress, but I think they do it
well: when you're logged in, you can click "edit" easily on any
page/post while you're viewing your website, and when you're editing you
can either "preview" the page or see the actual page by a couple of
links.  I think if FM could emulate this it would be great (and also a
familiar paradigm which, IMO, works fairly well).

Now, I'm not really suggesting any serious structural changes - this
could easily be done by strategically placing a few buttons and
possibly some minor design edits.

>> Has any work been done on versioning of whole books (i.e. to make
>> "editions")?
> yes...try creating a new book and then you will see it - its only
> available to book 'owners'

Follow up: can there be more than one "owner"?  (Correct answer: "Yes,
and I'll make you one right away!" :) :) :)

>> In FM, CTRL-S saved - it doesn't appear this is the case with Booki, am
>> I correct?
>>
> correct - please file it as a bug if you havent already

OK

JF