[Booki-dev] hey, ho!

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:31:55 PDT 2010

hi

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Joshua Facemyer <jfacemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to preview a chapter while working on it, or while
>>> looking at the TOC in edit mode?
>>
>> yeah...thats a very needed feature. the only way is via the 'read only'
>> view...i think we should have a 'view' button next to the 'edit' on
>> in /edit/...do you think this would be a good solution?
>
> I think it would be fine.  This sorta goes along with the feature request in
> trac that I had entered about putting an edit button on top of the View mode
> pages, if you think along these lines: If I log in, I'm probably expecting
> to be editing something, right? Or, at least, it's more likely I'll be
> editing than not. And when I'm editing, I frequently want to check how the
> output looks. So it might make sense to make "Edit" and "View" two modes
> which can easily be switched between.
>
> I'm not saying you should make this WordPress, but I think they do it well:
> when you're logged in, you can click "edit" easily on any page/post while
> you're viewing your website, and when you're editing you can either
> "preview" the page or see the actual page by a couple of links.  I think if
> FM could emulate this it would be great (and also a familiar paradigm which,
> IMO, works fairly well).

what wordpress has is view of previously saved chapter. current
changes inside of
chapter will not be visible. that is why they call it "view post" or
something like that.
that is just as if you open book view in another tab and hit reload
after save.  now, to get
preview option (see changes even if you did not save them) it would
require much more
work. for instance, where to show it. show it instead of editor (but
the width is not the same),
show it in another tab like wordpress (some issues with security -
published, not published,
visible book, then some extra ugly coding to make it work on server
and client side...).
but in general, it is possible to make it preview changes.

>>> In FM, CTRL-S saved - it doesn't appear this is the case with Booki, am
>>> I correct?
>>>
>> correct - please file it as a bug if you havent already

well, this is not a bug. booki works in more intelligent way now
(while doing save), so basic POST method what CTRL+S does
(that is code inside of xinha - html editor) does not work now. this
will require some changes in xinha and probably some ugly javascript
code, not something
i like to do but CTRL+S seems to be something people use... soo.... it
will be possible to CTRL+S it... when? soonish :)

--
 http://www.binarni.net/