[Booki-dev] Setting up booki using WSGI

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:59:23 PDT 2010

I've been looking at this for awhile and I *think* I'm doing this
write, but the SOB isn't working.  I want to serve Booki like this:

http://ip address/booki

I've got Booki installed under /home/jds/src.

In /etc/httpd/conf/http.conf I have added this line:

WSGIScriptAlias /booki /home/jds/src/booki/booki.wsgi

The contents of booki.wsgi are as follows:

import os
import sys

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'booki.settings'

import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

path = '/home/jds/src/booki/lib'
if path not in sys.path:
    sys.path.append(path)

I then stop and start Apace as follows (as root)

apachectl stop
apachectl start

WSGI has been installed from RPM's that came with Fedora 13.

When I try to access Booki from my desired URL it gives me Forbidden,
as if /book was a directory under the webroot.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  I can get Booki running on port
8000 without a problem; I just want to have it run on port 80 under
Apache.

Thanks,

James Simmons