[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 08:33:30 PDT 2010

Aleksander,

I looked at my own copy of OBJAVI in my office and discovered the
entries for servers that you described.  I attempted to make one for
my copy of Booki and that seems to have helped, but only up to a
point.  OBJAVI attempts to download a bookizip file from Booki and
can't.  When I try to use the same URL that OBJAVI is apparently using
in my web browser I get an empty page.

I think that you and Douglas have managed to put together one instance
of Booki but you don't have a repeatable process to do that yet.  I
don't think it's necessary to come up with instructions for every
distribution, but you do need to install both Booki and OBJAVI on a
machine which has never had either installed and test it to make sure
book publishing actually works.  You need to document how to change
config.py in OBJAVI and settings.py in Booki to make everything works.
 You need to make sure that nothing is missing.  For instance, in the
OBJAVI download there needed to be a version of the iarchive EPUB code
that Douglas had modified.

I would also like to know how to modify OBJAVI to add and remove
licenses and to replace the default book style sheet with my own.

I don't think you need to deal with things that are specific to a
distribution or to describe how to set up databases other than
sqlite3.  These things we can figure out on our own.  As far as
SELinux is concerned it is enough to know how to disable it
temporarily or permanently.  This is easy to do if you know how.

James Simmons