[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Oct 22 10:39:14 PDT 2010

phew james, you are _persistent_ :)

very happy you are involved in fm

adam

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 11:50 -0500, James Simmons wrote:
> Douglas,
>
> I'm having some import problems with objavi.cgi.  When you run it from
> the command line it has a problem with fm_book.py where it cannot find
> the iarchive package:
>
> from iarchive import epub as ia_epub
>
> I can't find this package either.  It seems to be a dependency that
> you did not mention.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James Simmons
>

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Douglas Bagnall
> <douglas at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> > hi James,
> >
> >> Now I have another issue: OBJAVI.  I cannot use the public OBJAVI.
> >> For one thing, sending books to it doesn't work.  I see a thermometer
> >> going across as if the book was being sent *somewhere* and there is a
> >> link shown afterwards, but clicking on the link just says the book is
> >> not on objvai.flossmanuals.net.  Even if it did work we don't want
> >> confidential company publications to go to a public server.  We need
> >> our own OBJAVI.
> >

> > Objavi is a separate repository.  You can get it with
> >
> >  git clone git://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/git/objavi2.git
> >
> > and you can browse it at http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/git?p=objavi2.git
> > if you wish.  It's quite a big download because the history includes
> > a few large test files (that was a mistake, sorry).
> >
> > The INSTALL document is a bit old, but is probably mostly accurate.
> > Essentially, you just need to point the web server to the htdocs
> > directory and make sure it runs *.cgi files as cgi scripts.
> >
> > Let me know what problems you have.
> >

> > Douglas

vote for booki in the Open Web Awards!

Booki (the latest FM project - http://www.booki.cc - a collaborative
publishing platform) is in the final of the Open Web Awards.
Great! We are 1 of 3 projects. If we win we get 5000 which we will use
to do a code sprint on a tropical island somewhere ;)

please please please register :
http://www.drumbeat.org/user/register

and vote for us:
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/open-web-publishing