[Booki-dev] hey, ho!

Joshua Facemyer jfacemyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 22:33:05 PDT 2010

So, I've played around with Booki a bit on the new Inkscape manual.

It's great!  Not perfect, but, hey - that's why you're working on it :)

I've filed several reports on Trac - most for "enhancements". Mostly,
it's pretty basic usability stuff like an edit button at the top of the
reader (in addition to the one at the bottom).

To the devs: please don't take the recommendations in my enhancement
requests as demands; I'm simply explaining what seems would work well in
my head for the situations I'm addressing.

I've got some questions to discuss before I file bugs on them:

Are images supposed to be smaller than they were with FM?  All the full
width images which were imported overflow the text section (which is,
apparently, smaller than 600px).  What's the standard max width for
images?  Also, is there any way to specify width precisely?

Is there a way to preview a chapter while working on it, or while
looking at the TOC in edit mode?

Has any work been done on versioning of whole books (i.e. to make
"editions")?

In FM, CTRL-S saved - it doesn't appear this is the case with Booki, am
I correct?

I'll be sending some more questions soon, I'm sure :)

Because images are important for the Inkscape manual, and we make heavy
use of them, I am interested in how image management will be handled.
Adam had suggested that I start a thread on the list about image
management, so I'll be sending another message soon.

Cheers! And thanks for all the hard work!

JF