[Booki-dev] hey, ho!

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Sep 30 03:53:18 PDT 2010

yo...cool stuff Joshua :)

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 01:33 -0400, Joshua Facemyer wrote:
> So, I've played around with Booki a bit on the new Inkscape manual.
>
> It's great!  Not perfect, but, hey - that's why you're working on it :)
>
> I've filed several reports on Trac - most for "enhancements". Mostly,
> it's pretty basic usability stuff like an edit button at the top of the
> reader (in addition to the one at the bottom).

ok, cool...thats _very_ useful stuff. I might (later) make a new
category in trac for usability 'bugs'

> To the devs: please don't take the recommendations in my enhancement
> requests as demands; I'm simply explaining what seems would work well in
> my head for the situations I'm addressing.
>
> I've got some questions to discuss before I file bugs on them:
>
> Are images supposed to be smaller than they were with FM?  All the full
> width images which were imported overflow the text section (which is,
> apparently, smaller than 600px).  What's the standard max width for
> images?  Also, is there any way to specify width precisely?

it should be the same but i think i screwed this up somehow. i will look
at this issue next week and get back to you on it

> Is there a way to preview a chapter while working on it, or while
> looking at the TOC in edit mode?

yeah...thats a very needed feature. the only way is via the 'read only'
view...i think we should have a 'view' button next to the 'edit' on
in /edit/...do you think this would be a good solution?

> Has any work been done on versioning of whole books (i.e. to make
> "editions")?

yes...try creating a new book and then you will see it - its only
available to book 'owners'

> In FM, CTRL-S saved - it doesn't appear this is the case with Booki, am
> I correct?

correct - please file it as a bug if you havent already

> I'll be sending some more questions soon, I'm sure :)

:)

> Because images are important for the Inkscape manual, and we make heavy
> use of them, I am interested in how image management will be handled.
> Adam had suggested that I start a thread on the list about image
> management, so I'll be sending another message soon.

cool!

> Cheers! And thanks for all the hard work!

thank you HEAPS for this :)

adam