[Booki-dev] Re : PDF Export

Nicolas Dufour nicoduf at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 12 13:03:11 PST 2011

Hi,

> De : Cedric Gémy <cedric.gemy at gmail.com>
>There might be some settings to change between PDFtk and other used tools in the export process.

To add a bit to the weirdness of the situation, according to the PDF properties of our documents, it seems that we have three different PDF generators.
1. When the PDF is generated from the export tab of booki, we have: iText 2.1.7 by 1T3XT/pdftk 1.41 (with potential license issues with iText, which is considered commercial because we use it to serve PDFs on the fly in a web application, see http://itextpdf.com/terms-of-use/index.php).
2. When the PDF is generated from Objavi: GPL Ghostscript 8.71.
3. When imported from Booki Publisher: wkhtmltopdf.

I thought everything was linked to Objavi and thus used the same converter. Surprisingly it's not the case. Why?

Cédric, it would be interesting if you could test the files exported with Ghostscript and wkhtmltopdf. Maybe one of them provides a better PDF quality than iText.

Adam, the Objavi source code hosted in flossmanuals.net is quite outdated, and the one on GitHub is empty (only a README file). Could you please tell me where I can find the most recent files?

Regards,
--
Nicolas