[Booki-dev] After updating from Git I'm missing a database column for my install of Booki

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:48:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:37 PM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the simplest way to add this column to my database without
> losing all the data I have in there now?  I have been working on a
> book which is nearly finished and while I *could* recover by copying
> from one of my latest EPUB exports I'd really rather not do that.

1.) you have to install "south" (http://south.aeracode.org/)
   easy_install South

2.) then you have to update your settings.py and add "south" to INSTALLED_APPS.

3.) load your environment variables for your local install, or don't
load them and use manage.py instead of django-admin

4.) django-admin syncdb

5.) django-admin migrate --all 0001 --fake

5.) django-admin migrate --all 0002

you might get some errors (i did get them), but it did manage to
migrate the database. scream if you have problems.

this was not suppose to happen, but we merged branch before we wrote
docs for this for some other reason. also, there will be new migration
soon (but you will get docs and scripts for that migration). both
migrations were suppose to happen at the same time, so that's why we
kind of have it this way. anyhoo, be aware that ALTER TABLE in sqlite
can only handle some of the operations, so in the future you might
experience some problems with upgrading.

aco

--
 http://www.binarni.net/