[Booki-dev] Re : Booki sputnik issue

Nicolas Dufour nicoduf at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 30 04:25:05 PDT 2011

> De : Nicolas Dufour <nicoduf at yahoo.fr>
> now the _edit pages
> don't load the dynamic content and sputnik fails (POST
> http://sd-14919.dedibox.fr/ecrire/_sputnik/ [HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden 120000ms]).

Fixed.
The issue was on the redis-server side. When started from the console with $ redis-server &, the following warning message showed:
--

30 Sep 13:14:31 * WARNING overcommit_memory is set to 0! Background save may fail under low condition memory. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.

--

After setting vm.overcommit_memory = 1 and restarting the redis server, everything is up again.

FYI, it's the second time I have to reboot the redis server with the same symptoms. But the first time, it wasn't necessary to modify sysctl. Did someone already experience the same issue? If so, could you please confirm the warning and the sputnik error are related, so that I add a line in the install manual.

Regards,
--
Nicolas