[Booki-dev] [FM Discuss] Booki switching to TinyMCE and feedback from you.

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:27:27 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Daniel James
<daniel.james at sourcefabric.org> wrote:
> One thing I have noticed recently on FM is the "You have unsaved
> changes" warning when the user tries to close the browser tab of the
> _edit window, after making an edit to a chapter and saving it. It's not
> clear how the user is supposed to save those changes again, as there is
> no 'Save' button in the 'Table of contents'.
>
> Wouldn't it be simpler just to save the state of the user's session each
> time they make a change?

I thought you were talking about something else so i left it to check
later. But now when i am looking at it i am like "wwwwhhhaaat" :)  Are
you using Firefox browser by any chance? I guess you are talking about
-
"This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you
have entered may not be saved.". It is default
message for Firefox.

Proper browser like Chrome let's you have custom messages, so you
would see something like "Do you want to leave the editor" and "You
will loose unsaved changes.". Not encouraging you to switch, but i
will just tell you... i switched a long time ago and my personal and
professional life has improved significantly :) Even Objavi is using
WebKit... and listen to me, you don't want to hear about some of his
adventures :)

Some people wanted to have warning message during entire _edit
process, (and there are some situations like when you are editing
statuses where it is needed to press button save). But yes... this is
very confusing to be honest. It does confuses me also on some websites
when i am using Firefox. Well.... Well.... it would be possible  to
only show it when user is editing something... but then again i should
also track all changes (every time someone selects any drop down, or
writes to notes, ...) and not just tinymce.

Didn't really understand this part - "Wouldn't it be simpler just to
save the state of the user's session each time they make a change?".
Please explain.

Aco

--
 http://www.binarni.net/