[Booki-dev] [FM Discuss] Booki switching to TinyMCE and feedback from you.

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Wed Jan 18 02:53:27 PST 2012

Hi Aco,

>> One thing I have noticed recently on FM is the "You have unsaved
>> changes" warning when the user tries to close the browser tab of the
>> _edit window, after making an edit to a chapter and saving it.

> Are
> you using Firefox browser by any chance?

Yes, this was with Firefox 3.6.24 (stock browser on Ubuntu Lucid).

> I guess you are talking about
> -
> "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you
> have entered may not be saved.". It is default
> message for Firefox.

Nope, this warning said that I had unsaved changes even when I didn't.
It didn't happen with the latest FM installation so far, so maybe it was
already fixed. Maybe it's just me :-)

> Not encouraging you to switch, but i
> will just tell you... i switched a long time ago and my personal and
> professional life has improved significantly :)

Amen brother ;-) This particular machine is running stock Lucid because
that's the minimum platform for Airtime.

> Didn't really understand this part - "Wouldn't it be simpler just to
> save the state of the user's session each time they make a change?".
> Please explain.

The browser warning implied that it was possible to leave the page
without saving state, which confused me, as I thought that was done
automatically. Looks like it is...

Cheers!

Daniel