[FM Discuss] [IAEP] Sugar users manual

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Jul 9 13:59:03 PDT 2008

hi,

> 1) We should have a suggested style-guide page on flossmanuals. This
> project would be a good opportunity for us to start adding to that.
> The rule of copyediting isn't "correctness" but "consistency." I'd be
> happy to help in style guide development as I have experience in doing
> this.

This would be wonderful. Would you feel like taking the lead in getting
this style guide together? I am sure Anne has some ideas on it already
also.

> 2) I would suggest we have a project lead/Editor that helps to
> determine if we've met the necessary goals we want to reach in a
> timely manner. Not a dicator, but someone who can help steer help
> toward things that are most in need of being finished. Specifically,
> it would be good if we could mark pages/sections as "needs rewriting,"
> "needs copy-editing," "needs graphic," etc. A good way to
> annotate/bug-track.

We are almost finished with a basic status marker for workflow
management of chapters. Should be ready tomorrow.

> 3) It would be good to have the option of going to print. To do that,
> there are a number of print-quality requirements, such as picture DPI
> and other things. We should have a list of technical requirements
> needed to allow for that option in the future.

We have a beta system in place for producing print ready source for
print on demand. I will send a url when its ready for a peak. It
utilises CSS3 for formatting print ready book source from FM...the final
result looks beautiful. if you are dying for a look at the beta I am
happy to send anyone a preview url.

adam