[FM Discuss] books and fm - need your thoughts!

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Tue Jul 29 16:32:59 PDT 2008

This is a potentially very dangerous question.  There is a history of issues
being caused between profit-making and pure-volunteers in a massive
volunteering project.  I'm not saying that it's an insurmountable problem,
but just potentially issue-causing.

My suggestion is to do #3, and ultimately to provide tools, widgets and
other support for other retailers.  And *ideally* we would work to find a
single benevolent dictator of a retailer that would give money back on a
case-to-case basis.

Another interesting consideration is that I'm getting paid (hypothetically)
for organizing work on the OLPC manual, and I am technically the final
responsibility on the project but Anne is very much the one who has the most
edits so far.

It's a complicated question.