[FM Discuss] james Vasile

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Jul 2 14:19:34 PDT 2008

James works for the free software law center in NYC alongside Eben
Moglen, Lawrence Lessig (Eb 'n larry ;)

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/about/team/

According to James it is fine to use the GPL for documentation. I didn't
ask what the deal is about images, but I imagine that issue would also
exist for Software.

James wrote a bit about it in the Hacker Visions blog -
http://hackervisions.org/?p=23

I tried to convince him to dump the FDL...hehe, ah....maybe one glass of
rosé too far... ;)

adam

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 23:10 +0200, Elisa wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I know you not have much time right now, but i post a question i have to you,
> to not forget this question.
>
> Do you have discuss with James Vasile about the licence of Floss Manuals ? GPL
> vs GFDL ?
>
> It's just to know because I have a good discussion about this with a french
> who have study this point and he explain me how the GFDL is not easy for
> documentation with images.
>
> But if discuss, this point can be develop in the blog. I have see your text in
> the main website. It's good to know your position. And i got the same.

FLOSS Manuals

http://www.flossmanuals.net
+ 31 6 2808 7108