[FM Discuss] books and fm - need your thoughts!

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Jul 30 00:50:09 PDT 2008

So,

After reading the posts and thinking about it alot, I am wondering if we
might consider the following :

* we set up a FM book store
* books are always sold at cost with an optional version available at a
mark-up. This 'profit' is then actually a conscious donation by the
purchaser towards the maintenance of the manual
* any profit on a per-manual basis goes towards the maintenance of that
specific manual
* how any $ is spent is best worked out by either the maintainers and
contributors for that manual or just by the maintainers. Decisions are
by rough consensus. Part of this decision _might_ be to decide to
include a donation to FM.

And of course, if you want to take a manual, use Objavi, and sell it for
a huge mark-up, you are free to do so.

thoughts?

adam