[FM Discuss] print issue resolved

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Sep 23 10:58:18 PDT 2008

hi,

For those interested in print stuff...today I was able to resolve a
hanging issue with our print ready generation. Essentially we had
problems with what is know as 'widows and orphans'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widows_and_orphans

that is...headings could appear at the bottom of a page and the content
for that section on the next page. It looks kinda horrible. But, subject
to more testing, it looks resolved.

This means the entire process for creating a print ready pdf is
automated and we can start working on the FM book store in earnest.

I think we will announce the book store in October with the following
available manuals :
* PureData
* Sugar
* OLPC
* Audacity
* Wikimedia Commons
* Avidemux
* FLOSS Manuals

and Inkscape if it is ready to go...

So, if anyone wants to ramp up their manuals to include in this launch
then please do so before early Oct.

Founder FLOSS Manuals
http://www.flossmanuals.net