[FM Discuss] exhibitions, festivals, promo materials, etc.

adam at flossmanuals.net adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Aug 7 03:37:03 PDT 2009

hey,

I think there are a few things at play here. First, I dont think a trade
sow environment is the perfect place to present FM. I think its very cool
that you have done this and excellent that FM Finland is launched, so that
was an achievement in itself and congrats. However, don't stress too much
if its hard to get the idea across in this kind of environment as FM is
its better perhaps just to make yourself known, and explain the projects
to a few people personally - perhaps the people at the Ubuntu stand etc is
a good start.

Having said that - books do catch peoples attention, and next time it
would be good to take a few books and show them. However, I think they
would get the idea better if you have some books in Finnish, then perhaps
you can show both the English and Finnish versions so they get the idea...

Also, PR materials also helps, but so far FM has not been so good with
this. So, you are not alone in wanting these, but we need to find some $
and work out a strategy...

However, having a monitor and just showing FM on a computer and demo'ing
it is a good start.

It is the idea of FM that each language community resources itself...this
is very important as there are no full time staff in FM and not so much $.
So if you want marketing materials, books, and t-shirts then you must find
the funds to buy/produce them. So look to local funding resources or
donations for this...

adam