[FM Discuss] wikimania and foo report # 1

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Mon Aug 31 19:17:24 PDT 2009

Interesting to see Wikipedia discussing the possibility of adding quizzes. If they use those quizzes to assess the readability of the pages, that would be along the lines of my proposals for FM and other systems. But to use quizzes to check the quality of a document, you really should have multiple versions of the document, and Wikipedia isn't set up to do that.

Adam, could you explain more what you mean about technology's relationship to democracy? You said in your report that you were annoyed by how the Wikipedia presented talked about it, but I couldn't understand your own position.

Andy