[FM Discuss] the presentation

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Aug 27 11:54:15 PDT 2009

I think many people are fine with the project or cause getting the attention
or attribution. A project's reputation can be improved with good doc, and
that goal is motivation enough for many.

Some individuals are motivated by altruism - merely being thanked for
helping is enough. Especially writers who aren't accustomed to getting
attribution anyway, or those don't consider themselves to be "writers"
(thinking of Andy's research in community-generated content).

There's plenty of room in the world for different content models, so I don't
think yours is radical but certainly can find (and has found!) an
under-served niche. Have you discovered the next idea, as big as the Haynes
manuals (Do-It-Yourself auto repair manuals)? Perhaps. :)
Anne

 *Anne Gentle*
annegentle at justwriteclick.com my blog <http://justwriteclick.com> | my
book<http://xmlpress.net/publications/conversation-community/>|