[FM Discuss] back in the... [image sizes]

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:54:24 PST 2009

One tip I've tried to adhere to with screenshots is to know the Dots Per
Inch (dpi) of the monitor on which you're taking the screenshot. Then, when
you adjust the resolution of the graphic to fit well on your page, make sure
the resolution is a multiplier of the original DPI. So, if you took the
screen shot on a 72 dpi monitor, you'd multiply by 8 and save the graphic at
576 dpi, then insert it into your "page" and see if it fits nicely. Play
around with that multiplier and see what happens to the distortions. Some
monitors are 96 dpi, so that might be the multiplier for you.

Hope this helps! Let us know if it works.
Anne

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:

> Rockin'! Thanks. Maybe this is a question that could go to the list....
>
> What has people's experiences with images in the rendered PDFs been like?
> Because PD patches are so, ummm..... linear, they tend to get very distorted
> and aliased when rendered out to PDF. Has anyone found an optimal image
> size? The max dimensions given (600 pixels wide. IIRC) are still too large I
> think. I imagine this is something documented somewhere (ghostscript maybe?)
>
> best!
> D.
>
> adam hyde wrote:
>
>> EU!
>>
>> I'm back onboard after a good break and I'm now in the EU zone.
>> If there are any outdated admin stuff I need to deal wiht please let me
>> know!
>>
>> Derek - I will look into the image sizes on thursday when i have a
>> printer :)
>>
>> adam
>>

> --
> derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl :::
> http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
> ---Oblique Strategy # 17:
> "Assemble some of the instruments in a group and treat the group"

Anne Gentle
email: annegentle at justwriteclick.com
blog: www.justwriteclick.com