[FM Discuss] Canonical writing conventions (was: CommandLineIntro/WritingConventions)

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Thu Jul 2 05:12:35 PDT 2009

The thread on the Command Line Intro was worthwhile to show that we need to pull together our conventions and have a repeated (and expandable) set. When I edited and contributed to the Book Sprint manual, I created a set of conventions that I thought would work well for most of our books:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/BookSprints/WritingConventions

We could keep this page up to date and refer all authors to it. I copied the conventions to the Command Line Intro conventions and added a few more that I thought were appropriate for technical books. We can continue to discuss and change them.

Andy