[FM Discuss] pr about ott sprint

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:04:24 PDT 2009

This is going to sound a little weird i think, but my ex partner is a
lecturer in Translation studies (and German language). She was _blown_
away when I showed her this stuff last nifght. It was like introducing
someone to punk. "Why would they do this? Who are these people" etc
etc. They use close source software in the course called Trados that
costs '000s of AUD$.

Anyway, I'm sending the links and the pdfs to her and going to talk to
their l10n and i18n lecturers in coming weeks.

I would appreciate some of this promo material.

Potentially others might want to see if their local universities have
translation departments?

cheers
L.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 21:42, adam hyde<adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> hey
>
> so we produced two wonderful book from the sprint and now we should get
> the word out...my brain is kinda foggy as is usually the case after
> sprints...anyone want to pick up on the thread and write a promo and
> start sending it out?
>
> adam
>

> --
> Adam Hyde
> Founder FLOSS Manuals
> German mobile : + 49 15 2230 54563
> Email : adam at flossmanuals.net
> irc: irc.freenode.net #flossmanuals
>
> "Free manuals for free software"
> http://www.flossmanuals.net/about

"I'm in IT and we generally know how to use the interwebs like superheros." - AF