[FM Discuss] release early release often

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jul 3 04:47:17 PDT 2009

Adam wrote:

> For this reason I think if anyone wants to reuse, republish, distribute
> FM content - for profit or otherwise - in any form they want -
> beautiful or otherwise - and remixed with other content - about things
> we agree with or otherwise - we simply say yes and see what happens.
>
> Any thoughts?...

Yes, this is the most sensible and ethical course, given that the books
are released under the GPL.  The alternative (say "no" and see what
happens) struggles against the spirit of the GPL and is unfair to the
*authors*, whose work was given with the intention that it be freely
redistributed and remixed.

Douglas