[FM Discuss] Session 3 notes - Thursday morning

Martin Kean martink at tekotago.ac.nz
Thu Mar 5 01:50:49 PST 2009

Session 3
Thursday morning

PR
Pool resources + ideas for contacts
use Googledocs
soliciting ideas from the list
Andy to deliver demo to the other groups about booki

PR
Can we customise OBJAVI to create PDF acceptable for Lulu
ISBN numbers - 20 for $130 or free in NZ
Can we find print provider that is not print on demand?
Can we find efficiences in the print process
Remix + CSS to create Newspapers that hold manuals to send to students +
Linux group members
Use Xena?
Use objavi + lulu for the moment
Automate a basic cover but make it a scalable SVG

Sidebar bookstore - we need to encourage more uptake
international partners
need click-thru on the widget
book widget hosted on a site for only a short time
fundraising campaign offering the books and stickers
put the censorship on public_address blog in NZ - huge traffic
the DIY craft community may be interested = target
need to go to the Maker Fair, get articles in Maker magazine
SouthbySouthwest - Fm needs a presence there
Need a targeted list of magazines, and get reviews in the magazines
Press releases / press kit / news wire
Send our contacts to pr at flossmanuals.net
Generate press release at end of book sprint
Press kit to include info about sprints?
Could press kit be stored just as the books are?
FM Ambassador kit

Martin + Mick - educational materials
Janet + Adam - book sprints
Ali + Douglas - translations Farsi
Patrick + Ed - user experience on the site
Zita + Ann - outreach & PR
Andy - floating

Then meet make at 12.30 !!

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX.
For more information visit http://smx.co.nz