[FM Discuss] Politics of Open Source

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:30:46 PDT 2009

Obama For America 2.0 is just now setting up for operations. My friend
and colleague, Alan Dechert of Open Voting Consortium, is a tech
advisor to Obama for California, and has invited me into the process.
I will invite others in Open Source, particularly in IL, MA, and TX,
to form their own OFA affiliates and take tech advisor roles. You are
also invited to take part, officially or unofficially. Connections
elsewhere will also be appreciated. This will give us an official
channel to government at all levels in the US, county, state, and
national.

This follows on the report from Scott McNeally of Sun to Obama on Open
Source in government. Gov. Pat Quinn of Illinois intends to send a
bill to the legislature on low-cost laptops for IL schools.

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)