[FM Discuss] FLOSS Friday

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Mar 9 19:57:07 PDT 2009

Hi all -
Are you a little vague on what a FLOSS Friday might look like? Well, feel
free to shape it how you'd like. :) Our idea was that we could gather people
together on Fridays to collaborate on certain chapters or books, learn more
about FLOSS, try a new FLOSS program, make edits on a manual on FLOSS
Manuals, listen to a FLOSS podcast with a group, whatever you can think of.

I just noticed tonight that someone started a Twitter-based education chat
by encouraging other Twitter users to use #educhat in their tweets. Take a
look at http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23educhat. It trended really
fast! But more importantly, people enjoyed themselves. I wonder if we could
start #flossfri or some such? Might be a fun experiment.

Anyway, I'd be willing to help out with a 3/20 FLOSS Friday - as long as
I've got the right ideas for getting it started. Let me know if I'm on the
right track?
Thanks,
Anne

--