[FM Discuss] Anyone discuss partnership with Linux Foundation?

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Thu Mar 26 16:11:05 PDT 2009

I know FLOSS Manuals concentrates on books for large audiences, mostly non-programmer, but working with Linux Foundation may be worthwhile.

I've talked to their staff many times over the years and know they are anxious to get well-written and well-structured documentation out to their audience, which consists of kernel and application developers.

This is an example of an audience I mentioned in mail a couple weeks ago: small but strategically important. These may be where the next versions of Linux and the next wave of free software applications come from.

I actually can't find the documentation on the Linux Foundation site, or even a link called "documentation." But they tell me there's a huge range of forums and contributions. I bet it could benefit from a conscious look and a community effort.

Also (important to mention this) the Linux Foundation has funding for such things.

Andy