[FM Discuss] Please do not subscribe me to your list!

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Mar 27 09:36:41 PDT 2009

adam hyde writes:

> its because you posted to the list, please check your cc in future.

Hi Adam,

How about this behavior?  When someone who's not subscribed writes to
the list they get an e-mail message saying "Hi, you wrote to FM Discuss,
and you're not subscribed.  Here's how to subscribe!".

It's very easy to Cc addresses without really knowing whether they're
other people or mailing lists and I think many people would find
automatically being subscribed a confusing and surprising result.  But
getting an autoreply with subscription advice wouldn't be much of a
burden.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Wol dir, werlt, daz du bist
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | also freudenriche!