[FM Discuss] WinterCamp ToDo Wrapup

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Sat Mar 7 23:03:43 PST 2009

Still feeling high from having a great week with you, I want to share
a few pointers.

The big news is another outline, this one for the command-line book
we're doing at the FSF sprint. I stuck it here, which is not the right
place, but is OK for temporary stashing:

  http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/WhatIs/OutlineForTheCommandLine

The rest of the mail is mainly for the Winter Camp attendees in our group. Adam kindly mentioned my kids' creative work. For fun, go here:

  http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/personal/sonia/clear_waves/

And try some of the "Essential Clear Waves" audio. Sonia did these
when she was 15 or 16 years old.

For the more serious side of Sonia, I recommend this string quartet
movement:

http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/personal/music/hilton_head_2009/Shostakovich.m4a

I don't have Sam's biggest achievement (his performance of the
Rachmaninoff third piano concerto) online yet. But I suggest you go to
this earlier recital:

http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/personal/music/sam_jan_2002/

And listen to five Miroirs movements by Ravel. I can't talk any more
about an "extraordinary rendition" since the actions of our recent US
Administration, but I have always loved Sam's performance of that
work.

Andy