[FM Discuss] Toronto conference: Writing Open Source

Emma Jane Hogbin emma at hicktech.com
Tue Mar 24 08:47:06 PDT 2009

Andy Oram wrote:
> Somebody from FM definitely should go:
> http://www.writingopensource.com/

Thanks for the plug!

This is a conference that I'm pulling together with Addison Berry, the
documentation lead for Drupal. We're really excited about it!

The goal is to have a diverse range of projects come together to talk
docs for three days without feeling like second-class citizens at a
"software" conference (or at a proprietary docs conference). This is
your safe space to get nerdy about documentation!! We specifically want
to talk about: licensing, revenue generation (personal and project),
info architecture, community and supporting learning about open source
("docs" are just one part of this).

There has been some interest from a few people on this list already.
Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer, and I
hope to see you in June!

regards,
emma

--