[FM Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 8

Maria Inmaculada de la Torre idelatorreie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:05:11 PDT 2009

Hi, and sorry for asking for help in here but first I might have a
suggestion. Someone said that he found following the conversation in this
format a bit confusing. I must agree with that, and I have thought that
maybe it could interesting to have either a Yahoo or a Google group, so that
the option for the list in the way it is now, with emails is there but there
is also the possibility of seeing the conversations in threads and separate
by subjects as it works in Google groups and I think in Yahoo too. That's
just a suggestion in case you might want to consider that

The other thing, I'm ashamed right now to say that I have spent the whole
evening with this without result, but I was trying to update the Audacity
manual with screenshots (the english version) and also screenshots for the
Spanish version and I have a problem. I'm desperate right now and that's the
only reason I ask. I use Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and I have a virtual Xp machine.
Since Jaunty, I believe, the usb connections have stopped working even when
you install the Guest additions. My situation is exactly the one described
in here http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22702# . I have
followed the instructions from the thread, reinstalled the guest additions
and nothing. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

In the meantime would it matter if I update and translate without
screenshots for all systems but Ubuntu?

Many thanks and sorry for diverting the issue from the FLOSS manuals.