[FM Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 20

narendra sisodiya narendra.sisodiya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:22:39 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Maria Inmaculada de la Torre
<idelatorreie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been reading the discussion about the copyright issues and really
> repeating what everyone is saying would be to much, so this goes on solo.
> I think the issue is how absolutely cumbersome it becomes to go adding all
> the attribution for just a couple of pages you just want to reuse in other
> work, which is something that could be done with the current system I
> believe. So what I think narendra sisodiya is trying to say is whether he
> can just offer a link to the attribution pages
"Read it as , link to copyright notice page"
Let me clarify once more.
I talked about "link to copyright notice" which may or may not have
any attribution. I liked CC-SA method in which where there is no need
to put any attribution to author.
The point was simple. wiki page writers give their work to central
Organisation. All work on wiki site become copyright property
Organisation (and not individual writers). All pages/section have a
link to a online copyright notice which give permissions to use the
page/section under CC-SA license and put the restriction that
remix/reprint must not remove that online url. The purpose of url on
each page was to handle copyright notice and remove attribution
headache.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )