[FM Discuss] Is there another way to subscribe beside digest form?

Janet Swisher jmswisher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:39:24 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM, dwp <davidrex at northlink.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam: Take your comment seriously.
>
> Is there is another way to participate in these discussions and get
> something out of them, or is this a polite, though rather terse, suggestion
> that i shouldn't be here:) ?. Or perhaps i will just drop the subject.

Yes, you can subscribe in non-digest mode, so that you get all
messages individually. It would then be up to you to configure your
mail client to filter those messages to a folder, etc.

(Adam: is the list defaulting to digest mode for new subscribers? If
so, please change that setting so that non-digest is the default.)

If you go to the page listed at the end of every message
(http://lists.flossmanuals.net/listinfo.cgi/discuss-flossmanuals.net),
you can login to change your mail settings, including whether you get
the digest. If you don't remember your password, you can request it to
be resent to you.

> I do think my NOTE on not repeating previous messages in replies (by turning
> off the appropriate EMail preference) would help make the digests clearer.
> This would be an individual responsibility.

This is a good netiquette practice, and one that I see repeated often
on lists with digests. Even digest aside, it is helpful to trim quoted
material, so that it is clearer what statements one is responding to.

--Janet