[FM Discuss] Front and back matter, copyrights

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:57:22 PDT 2009

Our online books don't have a cover, title page, or copyright page.
They also don't specify the versions of software being described in
any obvious way. Also, the copyright information at the back does not
always get updated when a chapter is edited. The Turtle Art book shows
chapters changed in 2009, but the overall copyright only goes up to
2008.

Also, why is the overall copyright given as Adam Hyde and not Floss
Manuals? Copyright ownership matters very little in practice, since
the real question is the licensing, but it still looks to me like bad
form.

I'm trying to find the version information for the TurtleArt book,
because it has just been confirmed today that file sharing now works
correctly, and I wanted to document it. I believe that this is in TA
66, but I'll check before I make any changes.

http://earthtreasury.org/