[FM Discuss] Audacity and Wordpress

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Wed Sep 16 02:47:58 PDT 2009

hi there,

I'm going to try to update wordpress and audacity over the next week. There
are new versions out (1.3 for Audacity)
My working hours are normally  - 10 - 6 GMT

Have a look for me in the FM chat if you fancy helping. Lachlan are you
about this week?

Wordpress should be fine but could really use help with Audacity

Here were my suggestions for Audacity additions

My suggestions

Installing mp3 libraries
Installing plugins
Using Filters and plug-ins
Advanced editing ( adding silence, trimming, joining tracks, pan )
Polishing your project ( equalising levels etc )

Exercises:
Record an advert for a Radio Station (mixing audio and voice tracks)
and export as compressed file
Remove the vocals from a recording. (With some stereo recordings, it
is possible to remove the vocals because of the way in which the
recording was mixed)