[FM Discuss] Audacity and Wordpress

Minna Tarkka minna.tarkka at m-cult.org
Wed Sep 16 04:10:05 PDT 2009

Mick,
this is great! We are planning to start citizen media workshops based on FM
soonish.
But we also plan to include kino in this package, and will update the
finnish manual based on user experiences (the current manual does not tell
about some of the difficulties and how to circumvent them). Anyone
interested in this on the en. side - or similar work on other video editors
?

Minna

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM, mick fuzz <mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org>wrote:

> hi there,
>
> I'm going to try to update wordpress and audacity over the next week. There
> are new versions out (1.3 for Audacity)
> My working hours are normally  - 10 - 6 GMT
>
> Have a look for me in the FM chat if you fancy helping. Lachlan are you
> about this week?
>
> Wordpress should be fine but could really use help with Audacity
>
> Here were my suggestions for Audacity additions
>

> My suggestions
>
> Installing mp3 libraries
> Installing plugins
> Using Filters and plug-ins
> Advanced editing ( adding silence, trimming, joining tracks, pan )
> Polishing your project ( equalising levels etc )
>
> Exercises:
> Record an advert for a Radio Station (mixing audio and voice tracks)
> and export as compressed file
> Remove the vocals from a recording. (With some stereo recordings, it
> is possible to remove the vocals because of the way in which the
> recording was mixed)
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Anne Gentle <
> annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all -
>> Absolutely, we can start with those chapters and add more later as we go.
>> I'll also ensure the title is "Etoys Reference Manual". Sounds great. I've
>> also added Etoys to the Sugar/OLPC Activity Tutorials area on the Main page.

minna tarkka | m-cult centre for new media culture | http://www.m-cult.org |
skype: minna_tarkka