[FM Discuss] Stats for downloads

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Sep 29 08:23:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 07:56 -0500, Anne Gentle wrote:

>         We are not your distribution agent.
>
> Ok, that last line speaks volumes. It explains why reader experience
> hasn't changed much. I can agree with that now that I understand
> that's your stance.

So, reader experience aside. I think its really up to each group to push
the manual they are working on as hard as they can.

> For the torrent, is it the PDF output only? What are some other
> examples of HTML distribution? I know the XO laptop is one example,
> and at one point NGO in a box was using FM content, though I don't
> know if they still are. I'd like to explore this idea further.

Sesawe use the embed API to host the Circumvention Manual
http://www.sesawe.org/-Manuals-.html

NGO in a box use it also but i dont know URLs

There are a few people, but not enough, using the Book Store API.

adam