[FM Discuss] interesting news from oreilly

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Tue Sep 29 10:32:03 PDT 2009

Good point, Adam. Luckily, all this is being done outside my circle of activities and I don't have to worry about it. The main thing I know is that O'Reilly will continue to do all the usual books we do (on Microsoft technologies and others) and Microsoft Press will do theirs.

One very interesting and cheerful bit of news is that they made a deal with us partly to get access to all the interesting things we do with Kindle, iPhone books, etc., and we persuaded them to release their books DRM-free. That's a big step for Microsoft to take.

Andy