[FM Discuss] Licensing - GPL II vs. Creative Commons

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Sun Aug 1 22:32:21 PDT 2010

Hi Lachlan,

This is a list of the currently available licenses in booki when
publishing a book.

    >         GPL
        >         GPLv2+
        >         LGPL
        >         LGPLv2.1
        >         GPLv3+
        >         GPLv2
        >         GPLv3
        >         CC-BY
        >         CC-BY-SA
        >         Artistic
        >         BSD
        >         Public Domain
        >         LGPLv3
        >         MIT

If you look at the following link on the Gnu website
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLOtherThanSoftware) they
state that you can use the GPL for any kind of work as long as you make
it very clear what your "source code" is for the work.

Cheers,

John