[FM Discuss] help fm in 2 easy clicks

Janet Swisher jmswisher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:14:58 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM, adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Just before the Mozilla conference I slipped FM into the Mozilla
> Drumbeat project to see how it would go:
> http://www.drumbeat.org/project/floss-manuals-drumbeat-book-shelf
>

> So, I left it at that...its 'toe in the water' stuff (ie. i did it to
> figure out what Drumbeat is and how we could work with it). Anyways...so
> now they are going to have a drumbeat fest and they are also discussing
> possible funding for the most popular drumbeat projects...
>
> since it would be good to have an fm presence at drumbeat and it would
> be good to get some funding, it might be a good opportunity to mention
> it here and see if anyone wanted to join the group and press 'join' for
> thde fm project and then 'vote'. So, its more or less 2 clicks i
> think...

(I'm not sure why the FM project has 108 contributors, but only 14
votes. Lots of people joining everything they "like"? Can you send a
message to all "contributors" saying "Please vote for us"?)

FM should propose an activity during the festival:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/Festival/program/propose

In fact, it looks like somebody (Mark Surman?) wants to have an "open
text book hack fest", but they don't have someone lined up to host it
yet:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/Festival/program/activities#Open_content_studio

BTW, it looks like Allen Gunn from Aspiration Tech is on the core
organizing team
(https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/Festival/team#Drumbeat_Festival_2010_Core_Team)
so he might be a good connection.

--Janet