[FM Discuss] help fm in 2 easy clicks

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Aug 26 08:03:40 PDT 2010

hi,

Just before the Mozilla conference I slipped FM into the Mozilla
Drumbeat project to see how it would go:
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/floss-manuals-drumbeat-book-shelf

Drumbeat is about promoting the 'open web platform', and so I created a
project called 'FLOSS Manuals Drumbeat Bookshelf' to communicate to
Mozilla and to other drumbeat projects that we already work in this
area, we have plenty of materials they can use, and we are happy to help
people with any needs to create books/manuals/textbooks on free
software.

So, I left it at that...its 'toe in the water' stuff (ie. i did it to
figure out what Drumbeat is and how we could work with it). Anyways...so
now they are going to have a drumbeat fest and they are also discussing
possible funding for the most popular drumbeat projects...

since it would be good to have an fm presence at drumbeat and it would
be good to get some funding, it might be a good opportunity to mention
it here and see if anyone wanted to join the group and press 'join' for
thde fm project and then 'vote'. So, its more or less 2 clicks i
think...

1. register here (make sure you tick 'Join FLOSS Manuals Drumbeat Book
Shelf ':
https://www.drumbeat.org/user/register

2. go here and press 'vote':
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/floss-manuals-drumbeat-book-shelf

thats it...who knows...maybe it works....

i will write more about drumbeat when i get a minute to complete my
report of the mozilla community event i attended last month

Founder FLOSS Manuals &
Booki Project Manager

Contact Information
German mobile : + 49 177 4935122