[FM Discuss] UI Challenge

Joshua Facemyer jfacemyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:50:31 PDT 2010

  I like the idea of an online styler.

Since the pdf needs to be rendered and transmitted each time, maybe have
something simple like an html form with all of the available elements in
a sample layout (you'd have all of the h classes, regular paragraphs,
images within the text with different layout classes, etc).  Even allow
the sample texts to be changed.  Make it short, like 2 pages.

Under each element in the form, give a text box for css for that element.

The user changes what he likes and clicks "preview" which will then
refresh the preview pane / window / whatever with the updated pdf/png/etc.

JF