[FM Discuss] Nice plug for booki from NetworkWorld

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:28:32 PDT 2010

I'm a member of the Curriki group on Linkedin, with 159 members.
McNealy isn't one of them, but somebody there knows him. For example,

Christine  Loew  Christine is a 2nd degree contact
Program Manager at Curriki
Location    Washington D.C. Metro Area

OK, I sent her a LinkedIn message.

A recent article,
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/open-source-book-publishing-gets-boost

said

The Booki guys should give Scott McNealy a call, as the former chief
 executive of Sun Microsystems is focusing his time and efforts right
now on Curriki.

Recommended to contact Curriki

As one of the Booki guys writing and editing Free Software manuals at
FLOSS Manuals

http://www.flossmanuals.net/
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/
LinkedIn group: FLOSS Manuals
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3234457

I would like to see if the author is right, and ask for a referral. I
know that Scott isn't here on LinkedIn, so that would have to be out
in the real world.

Several of us are on the Curriki mailing list, but it seemed that a
more direct approach was needed.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:04, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote:
> This is great! Does anyone know people at Curriki, or do we already have
> contacts there?

We can all go join the Curriki group on LinkedIn, if we like. I'm a member.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/