[FM Discuss] UI Challenge

Rebecca Hargrave Malamud webchick at invisible.net
Mon Aug 30 10:54:41 PDT 2010

I have a suggestion that I will pose to the group -

Designing a new UI for this purpose is an interesting challenge (and one
that personally intrigues me) - I am running a bit short on cycles that
I can devote to SRAs[1] ... but if someone does not pick up the
challenge first, I will as soon as feasibly possible.

In the interim might it be easier to create a tutorial based on what is
possible now? I seem to remember you asking for screencasts for a
different purpose awhile back (for fundraising purposes). Christopher
(the RDC mentee working on the CSS) has been experimenting with
CamStudio to good effect: http://camstudio.org/ ... since he will be the
one putting this last piece through its paces, I think he could provide
you with a temporary solution to document the process that suits your
needs now.

He is with me for the month of September since he started the program a
bit late, and he is eager to help!

Rebecca Malamud

[1] Socially Responsible Acts :-)