[FM Discuss] Can I get authority to publish?

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:33:37 PST 2010

I have a book on Floss Manuals titled "Make Your Own Sugar
Activities!".  The book was originally set up by Anne Gentle and she
created some empty chapters based on an outline I had emailed to this
list as a way to explain the scope of what I was proposing to write.
I have a couple of issues:

1).  I do not have authority to publish the chapters myself.  It looks
like only Anne can do that.  I'd like to be able to do a pre-publish
(how Anne referred to it) as I complete new chapters so I can get them
reviewed by others.  As a workaround for not being able to do publish
myself I have used OBJAVI to create a PDF.  This seems to grab the
latest content whether published or not.

2).  Since Anne created a bunch of empty chapters at the beginning the
credits say

© Anne Gentle 2009
Modifications:
James Simmons 2009, 2010

This does not accurately reflect who wrote the contents and I'm
wondering if it can be changed.  Others from Sugar Labs may contribute
to this manual at some point and I'd like everyone to be properly
credited.

Thanks,

James Simmons