[FM Discuss] the muddle the model

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Fri Jan 29 11:24:14 PST 2010

I have to agree with Joshua on this, I have had visions of doing such
things and of setting up training courses based on and using FM
materials.  However there aren't too many conferences in NZ and at the
present the money issues is a bit of a stopper as well.

Interestingly I've seen a couple of websites that follow a similar model
with FLOSS software, repackaging and selling CD's containing the
software.  Which isn't interesting in itself, but what is interesting is
the amount of bad press and complaints they get.  The general perception
people seem to have is that because it is FLOSS software these companies
are sort of breaking a law by putting a price tag on it.  I think in
general people still don't get the philosophy behind "free" software.
Still it gives me something to stand up on my soap box and rant about at
parties. ;-)

Cheers,

John Curwood