[FM Discuss] Can I get authority to publish?

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Jan 20 12:27:03 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 14:20 -0600, Jim Simmons wrote:
> Anne and Lachlan,
>
> Thanks for publishing the pages.  I think I will use objavi to create
> drafts for review in the future.  It does a nice job, other than the
> fact that it seems to ignore the Title you ask it to use and just uses
> "Make Sugar Activities" on the title page.
>
> The book is not ready for the front page yet.  I have a few more
> chapters to knock out, and they're going to require some research,
> writing test programs, etc.  Two of the chapters I'm thinking of, on
> collaboration and on debugging techniques, are really necessary.  Some
> of the others could be added after the book is on the front page, and
> maybe I'll do it that way.  I'll let you know.
>
> As for the credits, I agree that the revision history does show who
> did what.  The credits page in the document does not, and I would have
> to say that that does bug me maybe more than it should.  I understand
> that there will be a new platform called "booki" that will replace
> what the site is using now and maybe that could address some of these
> issues.  It would be nice if there was a proper list of authors on the
> title page generated by objavi too.

the reason why you cant change the copyright notice is because there
needs to be some kind of verification process. the (arbitrary) process
aco and i decided on early on was to change the (c) attribution only via
the command line...hence you need to write to the list with a list of
chapters and the correct attribution and i will change it ...
...but not this week ;)

adam
(indeed booki will not have the same process but more on that later)