[FM Discuss] give it a go...

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 17 00:04:53 PDT 2010

hey,

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:06 +1200, John Curwood wrote:
> Hey man,
>
> That is looking pretty cool.  I like the Comments Section at the bottom
> of each chapter.
>
> The Book info plug-in is very very cool. I love the way the front page
> is re-organised depending on book's status of New, MajorUpdate, Update
> or no status.

thanks :) actually the layout of manuals on the front page is ordered
according to a weighting system, so over time the categories will shift
around automagically. this is is done so that categories with lots of
recent new content float to the top

> The Blog plug in is also very cool.
>

> I do have a couple of Questions/Pointers etc:
>
> Comments Section - the fields here could use some more labels, It took
> me a few goes to realise that putting my comment in the name field and
> the "Authenticity Word" in the comment field wasn't the way to go. Doh!
> X-)

yip, thanks will fix today :)

> How do others access the epubs and pdfs created in the Admin section?

the epubs and pdfs are there (on the server) but i have to include a
link to them on the templated

> Book Info Plugin - When I removed the Visible tick from a book and
> clicked on save, The last book in the list was removed from the front
> page not the book that I ticked.

ah...goodo...thanks, will fix :)

> Overall "3" Thumbs up.  I'm going to have to get my A into G to get the
> Booki User Guide ready in time for the great migration.

in the doc it might be good to mention that booki publisher is also free
software. we will dist it with some default templates

adam